Company: Premier Transportation Location: Good Hope, GA (regional routes) Pay: $0.60 per mile (as listed) Type: Full-time, Regional Class A CDL Driver — company driver (OTR/Regional; owner-operator opportunities available)
What’s Attractive
Straightforward pay model: $0.60 per mile.
Regional routes with a 5-day work week (Mon–Fri) and more home time than long-haul OTR; some weekend work during peak season.
Owner-operator pathway available (owners can earn up to $250K/year according to the posting).
Would you take a regional driving role that pays per mile, offers clear bonuses and benefits, and provides an owner-operator path—or would you wait for a guaranteed weekly/hourly base or a different route type? Why or why not?
60 cpm is solid if they keep you at 2,300–2,800 miles; ask for verifiable average miles plus detention and stop pay. I ran a similar regional out of Monroe, GA and the unpaid dock time killed my check until I got detention after 1 hour and a stop-pay bump.
60 cpm can be good if you’re getting 2,400-2,800 practical miles, but those short ATL hops will eat your clock. When I ran regional out of Athens, live loads around Forest Park routinely ran 90-120 minutes - ask exactly when detention kicks in and if they’ve got short-haul or multi-stop pay to cover those time sinks.
60 cpm and a Mon–Fri regional schedule out of Good Hope sounds solid if they keep you 2,400–2,800 practical miles; when I ran GA regional, ATL live loads and Forest Park docks could eat 2–3 hours. I’d ask their verifiable average miles, detention/stop pay, and if it’s truly practical miles paid on all miles. Do they guarantee a weekly minimum or home Fri if freight’s soft?
Anyone know if Premier’s GA regional is retail store key-drops or mostly DC-to-DC? I ran weeknights doing key-drop retail around ATL — zero-touch but docks were shoebox-tight and your sleep flips — so I’d ask about night work, truck-home policy around Athens/Monroe, and how many multi-stops they average.