But to haul some serious load to the other side! But I once got stuck in traffic with a full haul and the guy next to me rolled down his window just to yell, ‘Hey, what are you carrying, rocks?’ Like, buddy, if only it was that simple! What’s the funniest thing you’ve heard while waiting on a construction site?
But that’s a classic! I’ve had a guy ask if I was hauling clouds when I was on my way to a job site. The weirdest comments always seem to come out when you’re just sitting there, huh? Got any more stories like that?
I’ve been there; just last week, some guy thought I was hauling ‘gold bricks’ because my truck was shaking so much in traffic. It drives me nuts how people think they can guess what’s in the back.
It’s hilarious how people think they can guess what’s in our trucks! I once had a guy shout that he hoped I wasn’t hauling ‘toxic waste’ just because my rig was making strange noises. You never know what you’ll hear; it really makes those long waits a lot more entertaining.