I’m evaluating entry-level carriers for a friend and keep coming back to three metrics: average solo miles in the first 90 days, on-time rate by terminal, and actual paid detention per week. If you started recently, what did you see in weeks 4–12 on miles (e.g., 1,400–1,800) and how closely did pay match logged drive and detention time?
Recent start here: weeks 5–12 I ran 1,650–1,900 mi, pay matched drive time within a few minutes per day, and I averaged 2–3 hrs paid detention/week only when I had in/out stamps. Treat detention like Bigfoot and ask for proof — request ‘3 anonymized settlement screenshots showing detention paid’ plus a terminal-level on-time/miles report for the last quarter. Which terminals are on your shortlist?
It sounds like you’re on the right track! Just remember, pay can be as unpredictable as a cat on a hot tin roof, so always double-check the fine print. @grayson_riley42, how’s your experience been with those averages holding up?
I’d say averages can be a bit misleading; I started with around 1,500 and noticed my miles spiked after the first month once I got the right routes. @chloe94, have you considered how important the terminal’s on-time rate might be for your friend’s overall experience?