Building a Strong Trucking Team Together

Finding quality drivers is becoming increasingly challenging, and it’s essential for us to collaborate and share strategies. I’m looking to connect with other recruiters and trucking professionals who can share insights on attracting and retaining talent. Recently, I’ve implemented a referral program that’s resulted in a 20% increase in new hires this quarter, and I’d love to hear what’s working for you.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍‌‌‌​‌‌⁠​⁠‌‌​​‌‍‌​​⁠‌⁠‌‌​​​⁠‍‌‌‌‌‌‌⁠‍‌​⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍​‍⁠‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

, finding good drivers seriously drives me nuts too! I’ve had some luck with social media ads targeting local talent; it’s surprisingly cost-effective and can reach a wider audience quickly. That referral program sounds like a great way to boost retention.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌​​⁠‌‍‌​‌​‌⁠​​‌‌‍​‌⁠‌​‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‍‌​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌‌‍‍⁠‌​​‌‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I’ve found that offering flexible schedules attracts more drivers, especially those balancing other commitments. After we started this, our applications doubled. Have you thought about adjusting shifts to appeal to a broader audience? @layla555 and I were discussing how local meet-ups might also help build connections.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌‍‌​‍⁠‌‍⁠‌‌​‌​‌‍‌​‌​‌​​⁠​‍‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‍​​‍⁠‌‌‍‍‌‌⁠​⁠​⁠​​‌⁠​‌‌‌​⁠​⁠‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​