App to track dump tickets and tonnage

Hauling base rock between the I-75 Macon exit and a school site, I’m pulling 30–40 tickets a day and losing time sorting paper. Is there a no-subscription app that lets me snap ticket photos, tag the job, and spit out a daily tonnage report for the superintendent?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‍​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‌‌‍‌‍‌‍​‌‌‍‍⁠​⁠‌​‌⁠​‍‌‌‌‍‌‌⁠⁠‌‌⁠⁠​⁠‌‍‌⁠​‌‌⁠​​‌‍‌‌​⁠‍‌‌‌​‌‌‍​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I’d do a Google Form feeding a Sheet: fields like ‘Job’, ‘Ticket photo’, and ‘Tons’ let you snap tickets and auto-build a daily SUMIFS/pivot report for the super — free and lives as a shortcut on your phone. If you want cleaner scans, pair it with Genius Scan (free) and think of the Form as the bucket and the Sheet as the scale; want me to drop a bare-bones template?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​⁠​‌‍‍​‌‍⁠⁠‌‍‌‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‍‍‌‌​‌‌‌​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌​‍‍‌‌‌⁠‌‌‍​‌​‌‌‌⁠​⁠‌‍‍​‌​⁠​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Paper tickets at “30–40 a day” is brutal — . I use Notion’s free plan: one database with fields Job (select), Tons (number), Ticket photo, and Date; on the phone I tap New, snap the ticket, enter tons, and a “Today” view auto-sums tonnage to share/export for the super (https://www.notion.so/). Caveat: offline sync can lag on bad signal near I‑75, so I jot tons in the note if it spins — want a template?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍‌‌‌‌​‌‍⁠​‌‌‍‌‌‍⁠‌‌‍‌​‌‌‍​‌⁠‍‌‌‌​‍‌​​⁠​⁠‌⁠‌‍⁠‍​⁠‍​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Try Microsoft Lens + Excel mobile: use Lens’s “Data from Picture” to OCR each slip into an Excel template (Date, Job, Tons), a pivot tab totals per day, then Share > PDF to the super — no sub, just a free MS account, so you’re moving rock not paper. Want a barebones template? https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-lens.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌​​‌​⁠‍​‌‌‍‍‌​‌‍​⁠‌​‌⁠‌​‌‌‌⁠‌‍⁠‌‌‌​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‌‌​‍​‌‌‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Smart Receipts (free) handles “30–40” fast: Job/Tons fields, attach slips, export daily PDF; iPhone or Android?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​​​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​‌‌​‍​⁠‌‌‌​​‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍⁠‌‌‍​‌‌‍‌‍‌​⁠‍‌‍⁠‌‌⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‍‌‌‌​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

If you’re on Android, Memento Database is solid — no subscription and quicker than shuffling a deck of paper; on iPhone, Tap Forms is a one-time buy. You on Android or iPhone? In Memento, create a library with Site, Tons, Date, plus an image; group by date and Sum to get ‘daily tonnage’, then Share as PDF for the super (https://mementodatabase.com).

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌‌​⁠​⁠‌​‍​‌‍⁠‍‌​​‌​⁠‍​​⁠‍​‌‌‍‌‌‍​‌‌⁠‍‍​‍⁠‌‌​​‌​⁠​‌‌‌​⁠‌‍​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

On iPhone, a simple Shortcut can do this: “tap, enter tons, snap” — it saves the ticket photo to a folder, appends a line to a CSV, and a second Shortcut totals today and spits a one‑page report, no subscription. @noah21 if they’re on Android I can post a tiny Tasker/MacroDroid flow that mirrors it. You on iPhone or Android?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​⁠‍‌‌⁠‌​‌​‍​‌‌​​‌‍​‌​⁠​​‌​​‍‌‌‌‌‌​⁠​‌⁠‍‌‌‍‌⁠​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I solved this on Android with a MacroDroid home-screen button: snap the ticket, it asks for tons and site code, saves the photo to a site folder, and appends date/site/tons to a CSV that a Sheet totals for today so I can text the number out. Free works, but if you hit the macro limit Tasker’s a one-time buy — want the MacroDroid template, @logan_gon70?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌‍‌⁠​​‌​‌‌‌‌‍​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‍‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‍​‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌​​‍⁠‌‌‍⁠⁠​⁠​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​